NORMAN WATERHOUSE PUBLICATIONS
1. Students’ views on continuous assessment at Birmingham University Medical School
Cruikshank, J. K., Barritte, P. W. , McBesag, Waterhouse,N. and Goldman, L J.
2. Psychological aspects of acute mountain sickness
Olive, J. E. and Waterhouse, N. Postgraduate Medical Journal, 1979 55; p464-466. British Medical Journal
3. Acetazolmide in control of acute mountain sickness
Birmingham Medical Research Expeditionary Society Lancet. January 1981; p180-183
4. Methazolamide and Acetazolamide in acute mountain sickness
Birminghan Medical Research Expeditionary Society Aviation, Space and Environmental Medicine, July 1983, 619-621.
5. Free vascularised fibular graft to reconstruct early a traumatic humeral defect
Moss, A.L.H., Waterhouse, N. and Townsend, P.L.G. Injury 1984, 16, p41-46
6. Lower limb salvage using an extended free radial forearm flap
Waterhouse, N, Moss , A.L.H. and Townsend, P.L.G. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 1984, 37, p394-397
7. Lengthening of a short traumatic femoral stump
Moss, A.L.H., Waterhouse, N., Townsend, P.L.G. and Hannon, H.A. Injury 1985, 16, p350-353
8. One stage thumb reconstruction using a previously injured little finger from the contralateral hand.
Moss, A.L.H. and Waterhouse, N. The Journal of Hand Surgery, Vol 10B, No 1, Feb 1985 p73-75
9. The development of a dynamic model for microvascular research and practice
using human placenta: a preliminary report Waterhouse, N., Moss, A.L.H. and Townsend, P.L.G. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 1985, 38, p389-393
10. The clavicular head of pectoralis major musculocutaneous free flap
Reid, C.D., Taylor, G.I. and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol 39, No 1, January 1986, p57-66
11. A review of five years experience of digital replantation
Waterhouse, N. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England, January 1986 vol 68, No.1
12. Evaluation of the 99Tcm clearance method as a measure of dermal blood flow
Practical aspect of skin blood flow measurement Finney, R,, Waterhouse, N., Richardson, R.B. and Griffiths, R.W. BES Conference Proceedings, vol 1, published by Biological Engineering Soc Royal College of Surgeons, 35/43 Lincoln’s Inn Fields, London WC2A 3PN
13. Observations on dermal blood flow as reflected by Technetium-99m
Waterhouse, N. , Finney, R., Griffiths, R. W. and Richardson, R.B. British Journal of Plastic Surgery, vol 39, 1986, p312-320
14. Urinary retention after total hip replacement – a prospective study
Waterhouse, N., Beaumont, A.R., Murray, K., Staniforth, P. and Stone, M.H. Journal of Bone and Joint Surgery, vol 69-B
15. The lateral arm flap: an anatomical study
Rivet, D., Buffet, M., Waterhouse, N. and Baudet, J. Journal of Reconstructive Microsurgery, vol 3, No 2, January 1987.
16. Reconstruction of a traumatic bony defect of the pelvis utilising a compound island flap salvaged from a remaining contralateral leg
Cooper , M.J. and Waterhouse, N. Annals of Plastic Surgery. 1987, vol 19 no3 p276-283
17. Reconstruction after radical hemimaxillectomy using a multi dimensional latissimus dorsi myocutaneous flap Baudet, J., Buffet, M., Rivet, D. and Waterhouse, N.
18. The innervated trapezius flap in facial paralysis
Ryan, R., Waterhouse, N. and Davies, D.M. British Journal of Plastic Surgery, July 1988, vol 41, no 4, p344-349
19. 1987 Book of Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery Year Book Medical Publishers
Thumb Reconstruction Moss, A.L.H. and Waterhouse, N.
20. Reconstruction complexes a partir de tissues voues a l’amputation
Waterhouse, N., Calteaux, M., Buffet, M., Kleiman, L. and Baudet, J. Annals de chirurgie plastique et esthetique. 1988;33, p268-272
21. The supraclavicular neurovascular free flap; anatomy and clinical application In Brunelli, G (ED) Textbook of Microsurgery.
Milan. 1988 Masson, Baudet, Martin, D., Ferreira, R., Buffet, M., Rivet, D. and Waterhouse, N.
22. Versatility of the lateral arm flap
Waterhouse, N. and Healey, C. British Journal of Plastic Surgery,1990, vol 43, no 4, p398-403
23. The vastus lateralis myocutaneous flap for reconstruction of defects around the groin and pelvis
Waterhouse, N. and Healy, C. British Journal of Surgery 1990: 77: 1275
24. Maxillofacial Injuries
Watt-Smith S and Waterhouse, N. Surgery No 73 p1732-1739
25. A new technique for harvesting calvarial bone graft
Waterhouse, N., Afshar, F. and Robbins, S. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 1991. Vol 44, 8: 626
26. Neonatal cleft lip repair
Erdmann, M. and Waterhouse, N. Journal of the Royal Society of Medicine 1992 85 (2); p108-109
27. Cancers of the Head and Neck
Stafford, N., Stewart, S. and Waterhouse, N. Surgery 1992 vol 10:8 p 187-192
28. The History of Craniofacial Surgery
Waterhouse, N. Journal of Facial Plastic Surgery 1993 9 (2) p142-149
29. Transpelvic rectus abdominus flap for reconstruction of pelvic defects
Erdmann, M., Northover, J. and Waterhouse, N. The Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
30. Tessier 30 median mandibular cleft: case report and literature review
Armstrong, A.P. and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 1996 Vol 49.No 8 p536-539
31. The correction of secondary cleft lip deformities using dermofat grafts
Waterhouse, N. and Richards, A. European Journal of Plastic Surgery 1997 Vol 20 no 1 p44-47
32. Craniofacial Surgery
Waterhouse, N. Surgery 1996
33. An investigation into the mechanisms of orbital blow out fractures
Waterhouse, N., Lyne, J., Urdang, M. and Garey, L. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 1999 vol 52 No 8, p607
34. A 5-year review of 71 consecutive anterior skull base tumours
Kelly, M.B.H., Waterhouse, N., Slade, D.E., Carr, R. and Peterson, D. British journal of Plastic Surgery 2000 .53, p184-190
35. Congenital transmandibular dermoid: case reportKoshy, O., Ion, L. and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons 2000, 38: p107-109
36. Large scalp and skull defects in aplasia cutis congenita
Koshy, C.E., Waterhouse, N. and Peterson, D. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2001, Vol 54 No 3; p276-277
37. The Prevention of haematoma following rhytidectomy: a review of 1078 consecutive facelifts
Grover, R., Jones, B.M. and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2001. 54, p481-486 Winner of the Mentor Prize for the best paper of the year for 2001
38. One hundred cases of endoscopic brow lift
Withey, S., Witherow, H. and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Plastic Surgery. 2002 Vol 55 No 1. p20-2
39. Pharyngoplasty and the risk of variant CJD transmission
Kirkpatrick, W.N.A and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2001 Vol 54 (6), p552
40. The role of twinning in the aetiology of Hemifacial Microsomia
Waterhouse, N. Caraniofacial Surgery 9 Proceedings of the Ninth International Congress of the International Society of Edited by Claes G..K. Lauritzen Published by Monduzzi Editore Bologna Italy
41. Department of health withdraws variant CJD transmission recommendations for single instruments
Kirkpatrick, W.N.A. and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2002, Volume 55, No 3: p262
42. A new scale to assess radiographic success of secondary alveolar bone grafts
Witherow, H., Cox, S., Jones, E. Carr, R. and Waterhouse, N. Cleft palate-Craniofacial Journal. May 2002. Vol 39 No 3: p255-260
43. Is multiple maternity associated with Hemifacial Microsomia?
Lawson, K., Waterhouse, N., Gault, .D., Calvert, M. and Ng, R. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2002, Vol 55, p474-478
44. A review of 114 paediatric trancranial procedures
Kirkpatrick, N., Waterhouse, N., Peterson, D., Fauvell, N. and Carr,.R. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2002, Vol 55 No 7; p561-564
45. Endoscopic removal of periorbital lesions
Mulherne, M.G., Kirkpatrick, W.N.A., Vijh, V., Joshi, N., Coghlan, B.A.C. and Waterhouse, N. Orbit Vol 21(4): p263-9
46. Strain gauge biomechanical evaluation of forces in orbital floor fractures
Ahmad, F., Kirkpatrick, W.N.A., Lyne, J., Urdang, M., Garey, L.J., and Waterhouse, N. British Journal of Plastic Surgery Vol 56(1): p3-9
47. Thirty-year complications of the orbital floor and maxillary sinus following Coe-Pak misplacement in the management of pan-facial fractures
Kirkpatrick, W.N.A, Cook, C., Joshi, N. and Waterhouse, N. Orbit Vol 22 (1): p55-61
48. Comparison of a modified minimally invasive with an open technique following Harvesting of cancellous iliac bone
Witherow, H., Lee, R.K.L., Blenkinsopp, P.T. and Waterhouse, N. European Journal of Plastic Surgery
49. The Management of midline transcranial nasal dermoid sinus cysts
Hanikeri, M., Waterhouse, N., Kirkpatrick N., Peterson, D. and MacLeod, I. British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2005 Vol 58 No 8; p1043 -1051
50. Buckling and Hydraulic Mechanisms in Orbital Blowout Fractures: Fact or Fiction?
Ahmad, F, Kirkpatrick N.A., Lyne, J., Urdang, M. and Waterhouse, N. The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery, May 2006, Volume 17, Issue 3; p438-442
51. Nasal tip necrosis – an unusual presentation of rheumatoid vasculitis
Glass, G.E., Greig, A.V., Weir, J. and Waterhouse, N. Clin Rheumat February 2007
52. Giant Hemifacial Plexiform Neurofibroma arising from Trigeminal Ganglion The Journal of Craniofacial Surgery Vol 20, Number 3, May 2009-05-01
Aina Greig, W N A Kirkpatrick, Naresh Joshi, Martin Kelly and Norman Waterhouse
1. The role of dynamic orthotic cranioplasty as an adjunct to surgery in the Management of sagittal synostosis
Greig, A.V.H., Eccles, S.J., Petersen, D., Haylock, C.and Waterhouse, N.
2. Frontal sinus ‘remodelling the eggshell technique’
Greig, A.V.H., Eccles, S.J., Kirkpatrick, W.N.A., Kelly, M.H., Joshi, N. and Waterhouse, N.
3. Pericles and dolichocephaly
Greig, A.V.H. and Waterhouse, N.
SUBMITTED FOR PUBLICATION
Coombes, A.G.A., Kirkpatrick, W.N.A., Mulhern, M.G., Coghlan, B.A., Joshi, N. and Waterhouse, N.
Orbital Floor Reconstruction with a Resorbable Polydioxanon Plate
British Journal of Ophthalmology (Submitted)
Cosmetic Surgery: The Facts
Oxford University Press
Published April 2008
Click here to order a copy at Amazon.co.uk
Chapters on cleft lip, digital replantation and nerve repair
Specialist contributor, Bailey and Loves Short Practice of Surgery 21st edition
Reconstructive surgery of the groin and perineum
Waterhouse N and Northover J
Edward Arnold. Edited by R Phillips and J Northover Chapter 2 p10-22 1997
RICHARD YOUNG PUBLICATIONS
1. Sanudo J, Young R, Abrahams PH
Brachioradialis muscle inserting on the third metacarpal
Journal of Anatomy 1996; 188: 732-733
2. Young R, Sanudo J, Mirapeix R, Abrahams PH
Accessory tendons of the extensor carpi radialis muscles
European Journal of Anatomy 1998; 2: 1-5
3. Hughes DA, Davies DR, Young R, Toogood GJ, Roake JA, Gray DW, Morris PJ
Fine-needle aspiration cytology (FNAC) detection of early renal allograft infection with Candida glabrata - a case report
Cytopathology 1999; 10(5): 349-353
4. Mohanna PN, Young RC, Terenghi G
Improved peripheral nerve repair with a composite poly-3-hydroxybutyrate-glial growth factor conduit. Tissue Engineering 2001; 7(5): 613
5. Burd A, Young RC, Poon V
Tissue Engineering-A Shifting Paradigm
Burns 2002; 28(3): 285-286
6. Young RC, Wiberg M, Johansson-Rudén G, Terenghi G
A resorbable PHB conduit for long gap peripheral nerve repair
British Journal of Plastic Surgery 2002; 55(3): 235-240
7. Young RC, Ho WS, Ying SY, Burd AB
Chemical Assaults in Hong Kong: A 10 year review
Burns 2002; 28(7): 651-653
8. Mohanna P, Young RC, Wiberg M, Terenghi G
A composite polyhydroxylate-glial growth factor conduit for long nerve gap repairs
Journal of Anatomy 2003; 203:553-565
9. Young RC, Burd A
Paediatric Upper Limb Contracture Release Following Burn Injury
Burns 2004; 30(7): 723-728
10. Ramikrishnan R, Young RC, Powell B, Cook MJ
Features of sentinel lymph nodes for melanoma may lead to rediagnosis of the cutaneous primary: An unusual case and review of literature.
Virchows Archiv 2004; 445(5): 527-530
11. Chiu TW, Young RC, Chan YS, Burd A, Lo YMD
Plasma Cell-free DNA as an Indicator of Severity of Injury in Burns Patients
Clin Chem Lab Med 2006; 44:13-7
12. McArdle A, Young R, Kelly MH.
Chin projection preferences for the female Caucasian.
Irish Journal of Medical Science. Vol 180. Supplement 3. DOI 10.1007/s11845-011-0693-5.
13. McArdle A, Young R, Kelly MH.
Preferences for the nasal supratip break.
Irish Journal of Medical Science. Vol 180. Supplement 3. DOI 10.1007/s11845-011-0693-5.
14. Abela C, Shams P, Nelson L, Ferner R, Collier J, Grant W, Eccles S, Young R, Joshi N, Kirkpatrick N (London).
Clinical Outcomes in the management of severe orbito-temporal neurofibromatosis
15. Hachach-Haram N, Gregori M, Kirkpatrick N, Young R, Collier J
Complications of facial fillers: resource implications for NHS hospitals.
BMJ Case Reports 2013:Published 28 January 2013; doi:10.1136/bcr-2012-007141
For further information, or to book a consultation please call
020 7636 4073
Join our mailing list for updates, offers and information:
Brand | Web | Film | Animation: AdvantageDesign.London